Saturday, July 28, 2012

Taste

Once, we were backyard neighbors with a man who had a cat named Cat
In the winter, when the shrubs were all sticks,
we would laugh as we watched Cat stalk man from the roof
The man wandering his yard calling,
"Cat...Cat...Cat...Cat..."
It was infinitely amusing                                                                                                                                      

I found myself recalling that duo and wanting to laugh
as your too eager lips traveled over my sun drenched collarbone
I kissed you then, instead of laughing
You tasted of my sweat; it tasted like summer

There have been moments, periods of time,
when I have forgotten the feel of your fingers on my skin
But even in my dreams, in my deepest sleep,
I remember and yearn for your kisses
In my dreams your kisses always taste like ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment